Sunday, November 7, 2010

That's a shocker.

Don't you hate that things never work out how you think they will?
That's been happening a lot to me lately.

I got a letter from Brian who's been in Finland on his mission, today.
Last time I wrote him was 2 weeks ago and I asked him about
his ex-girlfriend who I had found out he was writing as well (also telling her he loved her)
and he told me that their 
"feelings had returned"
but that I'm still "one of his best friends"
Well that's a blow to the ego.
So, once again, Brian and I are on friend level.
Great.
I saw that one coming.
Why couldn't he tell me this two months ago when it started
I'm not even sure what to say back to him...
Oh well, at least I can move on now.
Whatever life has in store for me next: 
bring it on.
I was, however, able to enjoy a nice roomie day with 
Makenzie today though, that was great.

Cleaned out her car, went to Panda Express then a cute new little place on Main Street called
Violet Hill Boutique
I recommend it, they have way cute stuff.

So, day two of thirty-day extravaganza
A really good memory:
Man I have so many good memories.
One of my favorites is probably when I was back in high school.
My two best friends from back home Emily and Lo and I used to drive home 
from school together and would make daily Taco Bell trips.
On the way there we would pass by this mailbox that was a yellow bus
and would all shout
"YEEEELLOOOWWWW BUS!"
as we passed with the windows down and the music CRANKED.
Sounds weird and simple but it really was.
And that's what made it fun!
I miss the good old days when I didn't have responsibilities or school work
or had to be a grown-up and when I actually had a car.
I really do enjoy the simple things in life, like Taco Bell trips and Yellow Bus mailboxes
and probably take them for granted everyday but once you realize
them, you really learn to love them.
So yes, that's probably one of my fondest memories.
I also thoroughly enjoyed my 
outing/staying in with Kirsten, Cass and Babs tonight.
LOVE LOVE LOVE lazy Saturday nights.
They're the bomb-diggity.
Alright, bed time.
Church at nine-thirty tomorrow...helloooo 1:44 am...
NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment